GUEST BLOGGING "NEED TO KNOWS"
Guidelines & Requirements
Good content is knowledge and information related to your area of activity and/or interest. For example: if you are a chef you can blog about food prep or the benefits of the cuisine you specialize in. If you want to blog about Entrepreneurship It will be comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that inform our readers of something not often discussed or properly treated in the Black Business Community. With that said, even though there are challenges and needs unique to the Black Business Community, content can be general as it pertains to universal business practices and procedures.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts and compelling arguments.
- We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- The article reflects the tone of blogazine.business. Meaning: We aim to be helpful. When addressing problems, we also present a solution to that problem.
- Giving credit where credit is due. Naming the source of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- Negative criticism of individuals or companies.
- Articles that promote your business WITHOUT providing any educational value.
- Data or statistics not originating from a reputable source.
- Unfounded conspiracy theories
- If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will publish it. If it does not meet standards, we will work on it together until both parties are comfortable with the content.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog. Why? This would be considered poor SEO practice.
- How? Google bots scour the internet examing content. When they see the same content in different locations, google will usually consider it plagiarism and will not offer it up as a result in a google search. That’s bad for BOTH parties. What you can do is create a new blog article, and if it is relevant to what you’re writing about, you may insert a link to your blogazine.business article. This method is GREAT for SEO because Google loves linking and backlinks.
- The blogazine.business team reserves the right to edit and adapt content as we deem necessary. For what purpose? Nine times out of ten, we edit words and phrases in accordance with keyword and keyphrase research. What’s that? Keywords and keyphrases are the search terms people type into a google search. For example: Say you mention in your article that you are an “African-American business owner in ny”. But after doing an extensive keyword/keyphrase research analysis, we discover that most people enter the phrase- “Black-owned business in NYC”. We will change your original phrase-“African-American business owner in ny” to-“Black-owned business in NYC”. We do a new keyword/keyphrase research analysis for EVERY piece of content that we publish. This method, along with many, many other procedures, is what helps websites rank high on google searches(there is also a social media component to this as well).
- As a free publication, we also run ads and embedded associate links as a source of revenue.